Code of Conduct
Guidelines and Principles
While we welcome your opinions and descriptions of your dining experiences, there are a few things we expect from every user on WishDish.
Code of Conduct
Your comments, as well as your profile and the comments you share, are all subject to Content Guidelines. If your activity on WishDish doesn't match up to these content guidelines, we reserve the right to take action as we deem necessary. This could include altering or deleting your reviews or comments, or deleting your WishDish account altogether, with or without notice. If you feel your review was deleted in error, email us at email@example.com
If you see content that does not align with these guidelines or our Terms of Service, please let us know. We will consider all reports. However, due to the diversity of our community, it is possible that content disagreeable to you might not meet the criteria to be removed.
- Keep it relevant: Please keep your contributions relevant to WishDish. Accounts placing irrelevant, inappropriate, or promotional content, that solicit customers, or that spam restaurants/dishes or are based on any already disclaimed or informed policies and practices of a restaurant may be deleted without notice. If your comment has been removed or moderated by us and if you repost another experience for the same restaurant, we reserve the right to remove that comment too, even though such comment might be in line with our content guidelines.
- Keep it clean: Keep foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness out of it. We, just like you, hate junk and will delete it whenever we see it. This also includes (but is not limited to) a derogatory comment on someone’s protected characteristics (e.g. race, gender, religion) or indication of a personal vendetta against a business and its associates.
- Keep it real: Write your comments/suggestions based on facts and your own experiences (e.g. not a friend's or any hearsay experience or based on media reports). Please don't exaggerate or falsify your experience. We do not take sides in cases of dispute, so make sure you can stand by your word. Content that indicates the reviewer hasn't even visited or availed any services from the restaurant will be removed.
- Suggest only when convinced: Our platform shall be very useful for users who want to know the most delicious dishes to eat at a particular restaurant. So when you make a suggestion, be sure that you are fully convinced that it is an absolute treat to eat
- Tell the whole story: If you luck into a free meal or dine as a guest of the restaurant, or have a relevant association with a restaurant or its owners, give full disclosure in your review. We're sure that honesty is the best policy, and other users will respect you even more for it.
- Be yourself: Your profile is your identity on WishDish, so keep it real. You're welcome to use a screen name, but please refrain from using inappropriate names, or bios. We want to stay clean, and we might end up removing your account depending on how inappropriate your profile is.
- Play by the rules: The content you add should be in compliance with WishDish's Terms and Conditions as well as the prevailing local laws and regulations. Local laws take precedence, and content may be moderated or deleted to adhere to these.